You can now get a super-high-speed internet connection with a Netgear ac1200 setup. It is important to acknowledge that with Netgear ac1200 wifi range extender setup you can get the fast wifi performance that delivers up to 1200 Mbps speed. It is very much compatible with almost all the standard wireless routers available. The device utilizes the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz frequency bands in order to connect with the presently connected wifi network along with an extended signal to further distance.
The Netgear ac1200 setup creates a Fast lane connection to the current router or the wifi modem. Unlike other regular wifi extenders, it is very much dedicated connectivity to increase the present internet speed and enhances the overall wifi network performance while using the internet. Let us understand the basics of Netgear ac1200 wifi range extender setup.
What are the steps for Netgear ac1200 wifi range extender setup?
Remember, there are two basic methods to perform the Netgear ac1200 setup, you can use the installation assistant or you can do it via the WPS push button.
Netgear ac1200 wifi range extender setup via Installation assistant
- First of all, you have to place the extender in the same room as the existing router. Just plug into a power source and turn it on.
- Open the wifi manager and connect to the extender network.
- Now, open the web browser of your choice.
- Go to the www.mywifiext.net webpage.
- Fill in the username and password when prompted on-screen.
- In case you see the credentials are incorrect even after multiple attempts then contact a technical expert.
- Once it is done, the Netgear installation assistant will be highlighted.
- Just go through on-screen steps and complete the Netgear ac1200 setup steps.
Point to understand: Once the process is completed, you have to unplug the extender and then place it in a new location in the home where you wish it. Just make sure the extender is placed at a certain distance away from other mobile devices or gadgets. You now need to reconnect all the wired and wireless devices to the recently created extended wifi network. You can now boost the speed of your wifi router with the Netgear extender.
Netgear ac1200 wifi range extender setup via WPS push button
- You have to place the Netgear ac1200 setup extender to an optimal location and switch it on.
- Press the WPS button.
- You will now notice the WPS LED lights start to blink.
- This clearly means that the extender is configuring with the present router.
- After this, you will see three solid green lights on the extender.
- It will show that the configuration process between the router and the extender is completed.
- If you do not see any LED light on the Netgear extender, then contact the technical expert.
- Once you are done with the process, you have to unplug the extender and place it anywhere in the home.
- Congratulations! The Netgear ac1200 setup is now successfully installed.
- Connect all the wi-fi compatible devices to its network and enjoy the uninterrupted internet connection.
Note: Remember, if you want to know the steps for Netgear ac1200 router setup without WPS process then visit the official website.
What to do if there are issues with the Netgear ac1200 setup?
- If you get any issues with setting up the Netgear ac1200 setup then the first and foremost step is to get in touch with the customer support assistants via the official helpline number.
- You can also plug the Netgear N300 EX2700 extender in the electrical outlet and wait for the Power LED to become stable.
- Just place the extender in the same room as the Wi-Fi router for the initial Netgear setup without WPS.
- Wait for a while, the extender will take time to power up.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has given you a clear picture of the Netgear ac1200 setup. However, if you still have queries related to the Netgear ac1200 wifi range extender setup then we strongly suggest you visit the official website to setup Netgear or you can contact the customer support assistants via helpline number on the website. The technical professionals are available round the clock to assist you with the best possible solution. Follow the instructions or the guidelines as directed by them.