It has become quite essential to use the high-speed internet connection on those devices on which we need to work on a daily basis. To continue doing your work without any interruption, you need to get a router in your home and then set it up. And, to accomplish this purpose, many people bring home the Netgear nighthawk router. However, only purchasing it is not enough because you might need to struggle through the procedure to set it up. Thus, in this post, we shall discuss the method of Netgear nighthawk AC1900 setup.
Netgear AC1900 router is something that gives you a high-speed internet connection on the go with its speed of 6000mbps along with great bandwidth. So, this post is all about setting up your router-modem manually. Along with it, we shall also cover the method of Netgear nighthawk ac1900 wifi USB adapter setup. So, without any delay, let us learn some elaborated steps about Netgear router setup.
Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 manual setup process
In case you do not have this model, then also you can give these steps a try for different routers setup and see if it lets you connect to the internet or not:
- Begin by gathering the internet-related details from your Internet Service Provider.
- Make sure any pre-existing routers or modems are turned off.
- Now, take the coaxial cable and connect it to the cable port on the modem.
- Now, connect the router with a power source.
- Then, you need to connect the power adapter to the nighthawk modem.
- Further, plug in the adapter in the electric switches.
- Wait until you see that the LED light is turned on.
- Next up, you have to connect the computer to the modem.
- For this, you will require the network name as well as the password.
- In case you want to set up a wired connection, you’ll require an Ethernet cable.
- Use this cable to connect the computer to the Ethernet port.
- After this, you are required to login into your modem.
- For this, launch a web browser and enter www.router.login.net or http://192.168.0.1 in its search bar.
- When prompted, provide the login details.
- For username, enter ‘admin’ and for the password, enter ‘password’.
Now, you can activate the internet service and see if you are properly connected to the internet or not. After the Netgear Nighthawk ac1900 setup process, let us know how to set up the Netgear USB adapter.
Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 wifi USB adapter setup
- First, download the latest version of the software from the official website of Netgear.
- After that, open ‘My Computer’ and go to the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Then, you have to uncompress the zipped file named ‘WG111v2 Software Version 4.0.0.zip’.
- Once you do that, hit the ‘OK’ button.
- Now, double-tap on the file that you have downloaded.
- Then, select ‘Setup’, and the USB wireless adapter software will be installed.
- On the welcome screen, tap ‘Next’.
- Click ‘Accept’ to the license agreement.
- Select the desired location for storing the software and click ‘Next’.
- Now, it’s time to insert the USB adapter into the port on your desktop.
- Click ‘Next’ on the resulting screen and then choose your country.
- Now, wait until the adapter scans for the available networks in your range.
- Select the desired network and choose the encryption type for the same.
- Now, enter the associated password.
- And, see if you are successfully connected or not.
Join the networks using the Netgear C7000 WPS button
After you have set up your router successfully, you can join a network using the WPS button on your router and use the simple steps given below:
- Begin by pressing the WPS button on your router.
- Hold this button for up to 5 seconds.
- Within two minutes, press this button again until you see the green light turn on.
- Your router will now try to connect to the available networks.
Netgear nighthawk ac1900 setup is now complete with these steps. If you face any issues during the process, get help from experts or refer to the user manual that came with it. You can also get help from someone who has already installed one of the Netgear routers.