U-verse TV which has been merged with AT&T Inc. in 2016 is, without a doubt, the most used internet and networking service. U-verse routers are being managed by AT&T internet services. If you are an older user of the U-verse router then you can access the router’s admin panel by visiting the ATT.com webpage. Here in this read, we are going to talk about the way to enable such a feature in your ATT Uverse which allows compliant devices to automatically set port forwarding rules on them. You can connect your personal computers, printers, security cameras, game consoles, or Android or iOS devices that can help you to communicate and share data over the network. If you are also looking to enable UPnP on ATT router then you need to keep reading this post till the end.
But before that, make sure that you have the ATT router admin account username and password as you will need to provide it to access the account. Also, check that your router’s cable connections are in good condition or not otherwise you may have to face issues.
What is ATT Router UPnP?
UPnP or Universal Plug and Play is a network protocol feature in ATT Uverse routers that supports P2P communications between different communication devices such as mobile, wireless devices, computers, and intelligent devices. This feature enables the option for the devices to connect with a network, find IP addresses, and much more. Few devices functions as servers that help you to respond to requests, initiate requests, or act on the responses.
Where is the UPnP on my router?
UPnP feature in your ATT Uverse router can be found by logging in to your admin account. Once you access the router’s admin panel you can use the UPnP feature on your router. Now, approach the steps that are given below to enable UPnP on ATT router:
- Go to the ATT.com/login webpage
- Sign in to your ATT router admin account
- Make sure to type the exact username and password details on router’s webpage
- Now, you are requested to choose the ‘Network’ option from the top-left corner
- From this page, you need to click on the ‘Advanced’ option
- Now, click on the ‘Ports’ option to proceed
- Then, choose the ‘ON’ option to enable UPnP port on ATT router
- Finally, you have enabled the UPnP on your ATT router
How to turn off UPnP on the AT&T router?
ATT router users who are looking to turn off the UPnP feature on their devices need to follow the steps that are given below:
- Head to the ATT.com login page using a browser
- When asked, fill up the username and password details
- Now, check the details and then click on the ‘Login’ button to sign in
- Then, choose the ‘Network’ option from the top-left corner
- Move to the ‘Advanced’ button and click on it
- Now, choose the ‘Port’ to move to the UPnP section
- Here, you can find the ‘Off’ button, click on it
- Now, you have turned off the UPnP feature on your ATT router
Way to fix the “ATT UPnP not successful” issue
If you are getting an “UPnP not successful” error on your ATT router then follow these steps to fix this issue:
- Open a browser, sign in to your router’s admin account, and check whether the UPnP feature is turned on or not
- Turn off the UPnP setting on your ATT router and then save this setting
- Restart your console, modem, and ATT router
- Now, head to the port section and turn the UPnP port on to clear out the ATT UPnP not successful issue
Read – How do you reset AT&T fiber router?
In short, the router that is laced with the UPnP feature can be used to connect to other devices and share data on the router’s network easily and quickly. Now, if you are also looking to enable UPnP feature on your router then you can quickly do so with the help of the processes that are given above on this page. To avoid sign-in issues, make sure to use the correct and current password on the ATT router login page. In case you are still experiencing any type of issue in enabling the UPnP feature on your router then you can contact the ATT router customer support agent for a quick fix.