Extenders are used to increase the range of WiFi routers. The router’s range for the small or mid-range area is okay but when it comes to accessing the WiFi network for a long and wide range of areas then extenders will be the most preferable accessory for you. So, if you have purchased a Netgear Ex2700 router for your home or office then you need to approach the right way to set up it. The way for Netgear Ex2700 setup is quite easy and clear. You need to find a proper place near an AC power outlet to start the setup process for the Netgear Ex2700 extender.
Make sure to check the condition of the product before and after opening its package. If you do not remember your WiFi password then you need to use the WPS button on N300 Ex2700 Netgear router to connect it with your router.
Steps for Netgear WiFi Extender Ex2700 Setup using the WPS button
After unpacking your new Netgear Ex2700, plug in to an AC power outlet and follow the steps to connect it to your router. Make sure that your router is in working condition and all lights are blinking.
- Turn on your Netgear Ex2700 extender and place it near the router
- Now, plug it in to your AC power outlet
- Wait for a while and let the light be green on your Netgear Ex2700 extender
- Head to the router to find and tap on the WPS Button on N300 Ex2700 Netgear router
- Now, if you find that the status of lights on the Netgear Ex 2700 extender has been changed from green to white then the connection between your router and WiFi extender is good
- After connecting your router to the extender, find a proper place for it
- You can check the network coverage of your router using a mobile or computer
- Finally, you have completed the Netgear Ex2700 setup process using the WPS button
Note: After going through the above steps, you will be able to establish the connection between your Netgear Ex2700 and router. If you are looking to set up your Netgear extender without using the WPS button then you need to keep reading this post.
Way to Netgear Ex2700 setup via Netgear N300 Ex2700 Login
After visiting the login page, you may be asked to provide the username and password details. The default username and password of your Netgear N300 Ex2700 login account is “Admin”.
- Place your extender near your router
- Plug it in to an AC power source and let the light be stable
- Now, using a mobile or computer, visit the mywifiext.net webpage
- Now, fill in the username and password details(admin)
- Locate the address of your router and fill in the password details of your router
- Finally, you have set up your extender without using the WPS button
To sum up, connect your new extender to your router with or without the WPS button. To complete the setup process for the Netgear Ex2700 WiFi extender you need to establish the connection between your router and extender. If you do not remember the passcode of your WiFi network then you can use the WPS Button on N300 Ex2700 Netgear router to complete the Netgear Ex2700 setup process. If you remember the Netgear N300 Ex2700 Login details and password details of your account then you can set up your new Netgear Ex2700 extender at your home or office by visiting the www.mywifiext.net webpage.