Netgear routers are expected to give you high-speed internet connectivity using the in-built next-gen technology they come up with. These are included in the range of top-quality routers that deliver high performance and come in handy whenever you are in need of a router. Using a Netgear router is another level of experience when you do wish to get seamless network connectivity. However, it soon turns into a horrific situation when it starts giving you technical glitches. The Netgear router not working issue is one of the common problems that users face and start looking for solutions that could help them.
Thus, here are some effective remedies that can help you in getting rid of the problems with your router so that you can start using your router once again.
Why is my Netgear router not connecting to internet?
When your router does not let you connect to the internet, the most common reasons for this situation could be one of the reasons listed below:
- The modem or the router is heating more than expected
- There is an internet outage in your area
- There is some problem at the end of the Internet Service Provider
- The firmware of your router is outdated
- The settings of your router are incorrectly configured
- There is an issue with the Ethernet cable of your router
- There is some issue with router hardware
Fix Netgear router wifi not working
- The first thing you need to do is check if the Ethernet cable is damaged or not. If it is, replace it with the new one
- If you are using a wired connection, switch to the wireless one or vice versa
- Make sure you are using the correct passphrase to connect to the internet or not
- Also, check if the Ethernet cables are properly inserted in the router port or not
- You can also try restarting your modem or contact ISP to learn if there is an issue at their end
- If that still doesn’t fix the issue, then you can try using another web browser
- Check the router settings and make sure they are configured properly
Netgear router password recovery not working
If you have forgotten the Netgear router password and you are trying to reset it but failing in every attempt, then make sure that you are visiting the correct page for login i.e. routerlogin.net. Else, verify the following:
- Make sure that your computer is connected to a network especially with your router’s network
- You can also try to click on the “Cancel” button on the login page
- Make sure that you are correctly answering the security question
- If that does not help, try updating the firmware to the latest version
- You can also try to reset your router to factory settings to fix the issue
Fix Netgear router not working after reset
There are a few things you can try if your router does not work after performing the reset process:
If your router does not work after you have reset it, then the first thing you need to do with it is restart the router after waiting for some time. Restarting the router may help in restoring the network connectivity.
Reset the router once again
You can also reset the router once again using the same steps that you have applied earlier. After resetting it, try to connect to the internet once again. This shall also help in fixing the Netgear router port forwarding issue.
Sometimes, waiting for some time is the only solution that can help you fix some minor problems with your router. Wait, restart the router, and try to use it once again.
Is your Netgear router not working? Try one of the solutions specified above in this post and learn how to get rid of this issue at the earliest. You can also check out the Frequently Asked Questions to know more about a specific issue with your router. We hope that we were able to help you in getting connected to the internet once again.
Why does my Netgear router not show up on the list of wireless network?
Make sure that you have turned on the router and it is not disabled. You should also make sure that you have properly configured the settings of your router or not. You just need to check if the router’s visibility is enabled or not.
Why is my Nighthawk router not working?
If your Nighthawk router is not working, then there might be an internet outage in your area. You can try contacting your ISP and tell him about the problem you are facing. Also, verify if your router is powered on and your PC is connected to the same network or not.
How do I get my Nighthawk back online?
If you are having problems while using your Nighthawk router, then you can get it back online by restarting it after waiting for some time. If all the other solutions fail to help, then you can try to reset the router to its factory settings.