Netgear routers are one of the next-gen advanced networking devices. Using these devices you can stream online or surf the web in a secured way with a high-speed internet connection. If you have also a Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 extender then you can use it without any issue on your mobile or computer. However, many users among us are facing the Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 extender orange light issue on their devices. If you are also getting such an issue on your router then you need to learn the reasons and solutions to fix it. Once you detect that your Netgear router has started blinking orange light, you will not be able to access the internet on your device. Make sure that, you have connected your router to the electrical power supply and then you need to jump to the next section to learn about quick fixes.
But before that, you must learn about the reasons that are creating orange light issues on your Netgear routers. You may face orange light issues on your Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 extender due to outdated firmware, modem connection issues, improper router setup issues, and other technical issues. So, with no more delay, let’s move on to the solutions to fix the orange light issue on a Netgear Nighthawk extender.
Solutions to fix the Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 Extender Orange Light Issue
The few most common issues and their solutions are given below. All you need to do is, keep following the solutions and implement them on your Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 Extender to fix the orange light issues:
Solution 1: Update the extender’s firmware
Sometimes using an older version of the extender’s firmware can help you to fix the orange light issue. If you are not sure about the way to update the firmware of your Netgear extender:
- Open the browser and go to the Netgear’s official website
- Now, head to the ‘Firmware’ section
- Here, you will find the updated the firmware option
- After that, click on the ‘Install’ button to get the latest version of the firmware
- In a few minutes your router’s firmware will be updated
- Finally, you have updated the firmware of your extender
Solution 2: Check the modem connection status
Modem plays an important role in the function of a Netgear router. If there are any type of connection issues with the modem then you need to find and fix the connection issues with the modem. You can easily fix this connection issue by checking the condition of the connected cables.
Solution 3: Fix the improper router setup issue
Setting up a router in an appropriate way is much essential in case you want to fix the Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 Extender orange light issue. To fix the improper router setup issue, you can follow these tips:
- Check that you are using the correct band setting on your router or not
- Look for the cable connections and hardware setup status of your router
- Else, you can restart the extender to fix such an issue
Solution 4: Reset your router
Sometimes resetting the router can help you to fix the Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 Extender orange light issue on your router. The quick steps that are given below will help you to reset your router:
- Check that, your router is in working mode or not
- Now, head to the power button of the router
- Long press the power button and lift the finger after a few seconds
- After that, your router will restart and check whether the issue has been fixed or not
Read – How to set up my new Netgear EX3700 AC750 Extender?
To sum up, users of the Netgear router who are facing issues need to follow certain solutions to fix them. The solutions to fix Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 Extender orange light issue are quick and easy. If you are not sure about ways to fix such types of issues then you can quickly do so with the help of the quick solutions that we explained in the above section of this post. In case you are still facing any type of issue with your Netgear extender, you can contact Netgear customer service to find a quick solution.