Linux firmware-based Linksys routers are laced with parental control features. These controls help you to control the usage of the internet for the sites that you choose. If you have a Linksys router then you can set parental controls using the mobile app. But what if you are facing the Linksys parental control not working issue? Whenever you face Linksys smart WiFi parental controls not working issue, you should find out appropriate ways to resolve this issue. The ways to fix this issue are discussed below on this page. Let’s start discussing the solutions that will help you to get rid of this issue.
Reasons behind the Linksys parental controls not working issue
To fix the parental controls not working with your Linksys router, you need to eliminate the reasons behind this issue to do that effectively. Some of the common reasons behind this issue are as:
- You may face this issue due to the older version of the Linksys app that is installed on the system.
- Sometimes real-time conflicting issues can also create issues with the parental controls with Linksys routers.
- People may face the Linksys parental controls not working issue in case they are using the Linksys router in bridge mode.
Solutions to fix the Linksys smart WiFi parental controls not working
The quick solutions to fix the Linksys smart WiFi parental control issue are given below. All you need to do is, approach each solution one by one to fix the issue quickly. Make sure that your router is in working mode before going through the solutions.
1: Upgrade the Linksys Router Firmware
If you are using an outdated version of Linksys router firmware then upgrading it would be an effective way to get rid of Linksys parental controls not working issue that you are facing with it. Here is what you need to do to fix this issue:
- Launch a browser on your computer
- Type the default IP address in the search bar
- Then, click the search icon to find the results
- Go to Linksys router login site
- Enter the login details to access the admin panel
- Check for an upgrade for the router’s firmware
- If available, click the ‘Update’ button to proceed with the up-gradation process
- Now, you need to visit Linksys router official website
- And, enter the model number of your router
- Then, click the ‘Support’ tab to download the latest firmware for your router
- Now, from the drop-down menu, choose the hardware version of your router
- Find and click the ‘Firmware Upgrade’ option from the Linksys router setup page
- Now, click on the firmware file to start upgrading the router’s firmware
- Check that parental control has started working on your router or not
2: Ensure that parental control is enabled
Confirm that the parental control mode is turned on in your Linksys router. If you are not sure about the way to do that then approach the steps that are given below:
- Launch a trusted browser on your mobile or PC
- Go to Linksys router’s official site
- Choose the ‘Parental Controls ‘option from the left side panel
- If the parental control is not enabled then turn it on
- Now, check whether the issue is fixed or not with your Linksys router
3: Check the number of restricted websites
The parental control that comes with Linksys routers is limited to up to 10 websites only. If you have added more than 10 websites for parental control then you need to remove a few of them from blocked websites lists. Now, check that Linksys smart WiFi parental controls not working issue are fixed or not with your Linksys router.
How to bypass Linksys parental controls?
The tips to bypass Linksys parental control are like:
- Use a different internet network on your device
- Disable the Linksys router network from your computer’ network settings
- Or disable the parental control feature by visiting the Linksys router WiFi account
- Reset the Linksys router to factory settings
To sum up, Some Linksys routers provide parental control features as well. If you have a Linksys router that consists of the parental control feature then you can block up to 10 websites using it. If you are experiencing any type of issue with the Linksys parental control feature then you need to approach the solutions that we have concluded on this page. We hope that you have fixed Linksys parental controls not working issue with the help of this post.