If you have purchased a Netgear N300 Wi-Fi range extender then you will need to follow the right approach to set up it with your router. We all know that an extender is used to increase the network coverage of your router. So, if you are also looking for a Netgear N300 Wi-Fi range extender setup method then you are on the right page as we are going to guide you about how you can install your new Netgear extender.
Make sure that you have a computer as it will be required in the setup process of your new N300 Wi-Fi extender. Unpack your N300 Wi-Fi extender carefully and get the manual as it may also help you to be clear about it.
Method to setup N300 Wi-Fi extender
The setup process is easy if you will keep following the steps as we have mentioned below:
- Find a suitable place for your Netgear Wi-Fi extender (avoid choosing a place surrounded by thick concrete walls, wood, or glass)
- Once you find a perfect place for your Wi-Fi extender then plugin it to an AC power source
- Then, long-press its power button to start it
- Now, it’s time to start your computer and connect it with over extender’s Wi-Fi network
- You can connect it easily as it does not require any type of password, its network name is NETGEAR_EXT
- Now, launch a web browser on your device and visit the mywifiext.net login page
- Enter your login credentials as it is “admin” initially
- Now, answer the security questions then click Next
- If you are asked to use Netgear Genie to help, click Yes
- Now, let the extender finish searches for local networks
- Now, select the radio buttons for your network’s 2.GHz or 5GHz
- If you don’t find the networks, click See More
- Enter the networks existing password, tap Next
- Now, select the SSID and password for your N300 extender
- Once the settings will be applied on your Netgear N300 Wi-Fi extender then you will find that the network coverage has been extended of your router
Note: After going through the above steps, you will complete the Netgear N300 Wi-Fi range extender setup process. And after that, the network coverage will be extended automatically of your router. Now, you can manage and configure the extender’s settings and password.
Method to change the admin password for the extender
If you want to change the password for your Netgear N300 Wi-Fi range extender setup then look at the steps given below:
- Using a device (mobile or computer) visit the mywifiext.net login page
- Enter your current login credentials (use admin)
- Then, navigate to the setting section
- Select Maintenance and then click on Set Password
- Then, type your old password and set a new password
- Click Apply to save the changes that you have made
- Finally, the password for your N300 extender will be changed
Note: After going through the above steps your extender password will be changed successfully. Make sure to remember it as you may require it later to access it on your device (set a password including special characters).
In short, the Netgear N300 Wi-Fi range extender setup process is easy and simple. In this article, we have stated the simple steps to set up an extender for your router. So, it will be very helpful for you all. Go through it and complete the setup process for your Wi-Fi extender.