Spectrum router may create issues while you are connecting it to your mobile or computer. There could be several factors behind the Spectrum Router not working issue like the wrong password, the router is not turned on, your device is far away from the router, loose cables, and many more. Whenever you face such a connection issue with your Spectrum router you need to approach the right ways to fix it. In this post, we are going to introduce some quick solutions that will help you to establish the connection between your Spectrum router and mobile or computer.
All you need to do is, approach the solutions one by one to fix the issue with your router. You may need to reset your router to fix the Spectrum internet not working with WiFi. Let’s move forward to discuss the solutions to fix the Spectrum WiFi not working issue.
Why is my Spectrum WiFi not working?
Your Spectrum WiFi may not work if:
- There is no power source to the router
- Ethernet cables end are loosened
- Password Key is wrong
- Red lights are blinking on the router
- The wrong security method is selected
- Your device is not in range of the router’s network
- There is a problem with the router’s hardware
Spectrum internet not working with WiFi
The easy and quick solutions to fix the Spectrum router not working issue are mentioned below. All you need to do is, go through all of them one by one to fix the issue.
- Make sure that your router is connected to an AC power source and is turned on. If you find that the router is not in working mode then approach the power button and tap on it.
- Check the ends of connected cables, if you detect that any cable is damaged or loosened then you need to replace it or tightened it respectively.
- Password is like a key that you need to authenticate the connection between your router and computer or mobile. So, while entering the password details of the network of your router enter them correctly to avoid the authentication issue on your device.
- If the red lights are blinking on your router then you need to fix it and turn it to green before starting the connection process.
- You might have selected an incompatible security method like WPA2 PSK or WPA3 PSK. Selecting an incompatible security method can create authentication problems between your router and device.
- While connecting your device to your router’s network make sure that the device is placed near to your router and is in the network coverage area of your WiFi network.
Spectrum Router Troubleshooting
To troubleshoot the Spectrum router approach the steps that we have mentioned below:
- Remove the power cord from the back of the modem
- Now, disconnect the power cord from the router
- Also, remove the power cord from the AC power outlet
- Wait up to 30 seconds and plug in the removed cables
- Now, to make sure that the reset process is completed start the connection process to your device
- Finally, you have completed the steps to troubleshoot the Spectrum router not working issue
Note: To reset the password of your router you need to visit the Spectrum Router login page.
To sum up, apply the solutions given above in this post and establish the connection between your router and mobile or computer. While approaching the solutions make sure that your router is connected to an AC power source and green or blue lights are blinking on it. Spectrum router troubleshooting can be done by resetting your Spectrum router. If you find that there is any problem with the password of your router then you can use the WPS button that is available on the back of your router to establish the connection between your router and computer. We hope that this post has helped you to fix the Spectrum router not working issue.