Resetting your WiFi extender can help you in many ways like if you are facing a connectivity problem or you have forgotten the password of your extender. Suppose that you were looking to access your Netgear router login account and suddenly you realized that you have forgotten the password of your account. In such a situation resetting the Netgear WiFi extender method can help you to set a new password for your Netgear extender account. The steps for reset Netgear WiFi extender are easy and quick. So, if you are looking to reset the extenders like the Netgear N300 extender and Netgear Ex6100 extender then you have visited the right page. Let’s move forward to talk about the resetting process of Netgear WiFi extenders.
Way to Reset Netgear WiFi Extender
The simple steps to reset the Netgear WiFi extender are introduced below. But before start, make sure that you have a straightened paper clip or a tool like a SIM ejector as you will need it to press the reset button that is available behind a hole.
- Plug in your Netgear WiFi extender to an AC power source
- If the Power LED does not blink then find and tap on the On/Off button
- Wait for a while and let the lights stabilize on your extender
- Now, find the reset or factory reset Netgear WiFi router button that is usually found on the bottom side or extender’s side panel behind a small hole
- Now, using a straightened paper clip or any other tool of the same size press the button and hold it up to 10 seconds
- When the LEDs start to blink on your extender, leave the reset button
- Wait for a while and let the lights turn into Red/Orange
- Finally, you have completed the steps for reset Netgear WiFi Extender
Way to establish the connection b/w router and extender via reset method
If you are facing connectivity issues between your extender and router then you need to follow the steps that are mentioned below. Before moving on to the steps make sure that you have reset your Netgear WiFi extender. The default username and password details are admin and password respectively.
- Using an Ethernet cable establish the connection between your extender and computer
- Now, launch a browser on your Mac or Windows
- Then, visit the mywifiext net page and locate the login page
- On the login page, find the username and password fields
- Enter ‘admin’ in the username field and ‘password’ in the password field
- Now, find and tap on the ‘Login’ page
- After accessing the Netgear admin panel, find the ‘Setup’ section and click on it
- Then, you will find the ‘Wireless Settings’ in the setup section, click on it
- Now, locate the ‘Security Options’ and confirm that the value in the password key is matching with your router’s password or not
- If you find that password does not match then change it to your router password
- To save the changes click on the ‘Apply’ button
- Finally, you have reset the password of your extender
Note: After reading the manual mentioned above, you will be able to reset Netgear WiFi extender. In case you do not remember the password of your router then find and use the WPS button on the Netgear extender router to connect your router to your extender.
To sum up, reset your Netgear WiFi extender and change the password details to your router’s password to establish the connection between both of them. The complete reset Netgear WiFi extender process is simple and quick. After locating the reset button, you can easily reset your extender referring to the written manuals mentioned above in this post. Once after finishing the resetting process for the Netgear extender you will be able to configure the security options by accessing the extender’s login account. Make sure that the password that you have entered in the password field of your extender is same as your router’s password. We hope that this post is going to be a big help for completing the factory reset Netgear WiFi extender process.