The cisco Linksys wrt120n reset is one of the most effective ways to resolve some of the common issues of the routers. If you have a cisco Linksys wrt120n router and you encounter issues such as blinking of the right light or if you lose the password for the router, you need to perform the Linksys router setup reset. While the process of the router reset process is very simple all you need to perform the steps for the cisco Linksys wrt120n reset process. So, let us get started!
Why Do You Need to cisco Linksys wrt120n reset?
Before you discuss how to do the Linksys router login reset, here we will discuss some of the common reasons why you need to do the reset.
So, here are the things why you need the cisco Linksys wrt120n reset:
- If you lost or forgot the Linksys router setup login password.
- Blinking of the red light on the router.
- Just slow or intermittent disconnection of the internet.
Point to understand: Once you do the cisco Linksys wrt120n reset, all your previously saved configuration gets erased. However, you can do the Linksys router login setup again by logging into the router using the default password.
How to perform cisco Linksys wrt120n reset?
Now that you have understood why we need the cisco Linksys wrt120n reset, now you have to follow the steps to perform the Cisco Linksys wrt120n, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, you have to locate the reset button of the router.
- Use a pointed object such as a paperclip to press and hold the router’s reset button for 10 seconds.
- You will notice that the status of the lights flickers and the router reboots.
- Once the cisco Linksys wrt120n reset is done, then proceed further.
- Remember, in case the cisco Linksys wrt120n reset not working, refer to the user manual that comes along with the router.
- Follow the instructions that are visible on-screen.
How to change login password after the router reset?
Here in this section, you will get the steps to follow the process for cisco Linksys wrt120n reset after the router reset, so here are the steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, you have to connect the computer and the router using the Ethernet cable or wirelessly.
- Once the connection between the computer and the router is established, you have to open the web browser on your computer.
- Just type the default IP addressed of the router in the browser address bar and click on the “Enter” option.
- You can find the router IP address at the bottom of the router and the user manual.
- Once the router login window opens, you have to enter the default credentials of the cisco Linksys wrt120n reset in the required fields.
- Click on the “Login” to login to the router management console.
- Just select “Advanced” and follow the on-screen prompts to change the login password of the router.
- Click on “Apply” to save the changes that are made by you.
- Make sure you follow the on-screen prompts to avoid any interruptions in the process.
Performing the cisco Linksys wrt120n reset can help you to resolve some of the most commonly occurring issues of the router. Besides, if you ever forgot the password of the router, then you can reset the device by following two methods such as hard reset and web-based configuration utility. Once the reset process is completed, you can use the default login password of the router to log in to the router management console and make necessary changes to the router settings. We hope that this article has provided enough information. However, if you are still facing difficulties then you are suggested to visit the official website and get assistance for the same.