If you are using the Spectrum router then you might know that your spectrum router comes with an internal firewall that blocks some of the apps and the devices from using the internet. However, if you are new to this piece of information then this article will help you. If you wish to allow these apps via the firewall, you need to forward their ports via the router. Through this article, you will get to learn the steps of Spectrum port forwarding without the app on your smart device.
What are the steps for spectrum port forward action?
If you wish to port the spectrum, then there are certain steps that you need to follow, and here are the elaborated steps or walkthrough to port the spectrum router:
- First of all, you need to download the “ My Spectrum” app for free from the Google Play Store or Apple Store on the iPhone and iPad user. You can also visit the spectrum router login page to download. Follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play store or the App store on your phone.
- Click on the “Search” tab.
- You need to type the “My spectrum” in the search bar.
- Just click on the “Get” or “Install” option next to the My spectrum app.
- Now you have to open the “My Spectrum” app.
- Click on the “Get started” and sign in or create a username.
- Enter the username and password if you already have created an account.
- In case you have not created a username or password, then tap on the “Create a Username” option on the top of the screen and then enter the phone number and other details.
- Just tap on the “Services” tab.
- It is the fourth option available at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the “Router” option, which is displayed on your Spectrum router advanced settings.
- Just scroll down and click on the “Advanced settings” option.
- The options will expand the “Advanced settings” menu.
- Click on the “Port Forwarding & IP reservations” option.
- In the next step, click on the “Add port assignment” option to add the new port assignment.
- You have to enter the name of the port assignment.
- Enter the internal as well as external port numbers.
- Just select the port protocol for the port, the ports can be TCP, UDP, or TCP+UDP.
- Tap on the Checkmark button to confirm and activate the port forwarding assignment.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By the end of this topic, we expect that you are very much clear about the steps that you need to follow to spectrum port forward. However, if you are unable to perform the steps or you are facing the issues like “spectrum router not working” then we suggest you visit the official website or the Customer support page to seek assistance from the experts and technicians available. The team of experts is available round the clock to assist you to in case of any issue or queries. All you need is to get in touch with them via the support page.