Have you ever wondered what would you do if your router won’t get connected to the internet or it doesn’t work the same way it used to work? If you are experiencing a situation wherein you see the Netgear nighthawk not connecting to the internet then you do not need to worry even if you are using a Netgear nighthawk ac1750 model of the router. Through this guide, you will get clarity upon the steps to fix the Netgear error that can be fixed with the help of simple and easy-to-follow steps. So, let us begin to discuss!
Netgear Nighthawk router lights on but no internet
- The first and foremost step is to setup the router correctly.
- Plug into the power source and tap on the power button if it doesn’t turn on.
- Remember, the name of the router’s wifi network that you can find on the bottom of the device needs to appear on the “Settings” section.
- You need to select the network and then tap on the “Connect” button and then enter the password.
- Follow the onscreen prompts or set of instructions to complete the process.
Fix- Netgear Nighthawk not working
It is important to understand that you can use a router without a modem in order to communicate with other connected devices, you also need a modem along with the internet service provider to access the internet. You just need to make sure that you correctly setup the modem and it is securely connected to the yellow port with the Ethernet cable. If you are connected to the internet but you are unable to use the internet then you can troubleshoot your modem. Here can be the possible reasons for the issues:
- Interference from the other devices or software.
- The password is incorrect or changed.
- The router firmware is outdated.
- Your router has an invalid IP address.
- There is a hardware issue such as an antenna.
- Make sure you get the internet speed that you are paying for.
What are the troubleshooting tips to fix the Netgear router not working error?
It doesn’t matter whether you use Netgear nighthawk ac1900 or Netgear nighthawk x6, if your router is unable to get connected then here are the steps that you need to follow:
- You can restart your Netgear router: Just unplug the power supply and wait for 30 seconds and then plug back in again.
- Move the router more closer to the internet connection and the device.
- Just upgrade your Netgear’s router firmware: You need to consider if the router’s built-in software is outdated then there can be technical glitches.
- You can replace the antenna: You need to acknowledge that all the routers do need an antenna, whether internal or external that works properly.
- Try to change your router’s IP address.
- Change the wifi channel: If the internet connection is slow, then your router can be assigned too many devices to a single wifi channel.
- You need to reset the router: A reset returns to the router to how it was working earlier which means you will lose any of the custom preferences that you set but the reset option will be preferred if you do not know the password.
- You can switch the DNS servers: Just try to connect to one of the many other public DNS servers.
- The user can replace or repair the modem: If you have tried everything on the list but there is nothing that can help you then you can replace or repair your modem.
Read related article – Netgear router not working- Possible causes and fixes
In a conclusive viewpoint:
At the end of this topic, we expect there is the clarity with the steps and set of instructions that have helped you to fix the Netgear nighthawk not connecting to the internet. However, you can always visit the official website in case you have queries related to the mywifiext.net setup or you are unable to make the connections.