ATT routers have been the choice of several tech freaks who like to continuously use the internet for hours and hours. This router brand is not only known for providing great internet connectivity speed but is also known for its cost-worthy router models. However, if this is the first time that you are getting to deal with an AT&T router, then you might have trouble connecting it to your devices. Therefore, the first thing that you should know before anything else is to know its configuration settings and details. And, when it comes to finding out its settings, it is important that you know where to find the ATT Router IP Address, how to use it, and a lot more.
So, the article below will explain to you how you can get access these details to start connecting your devices to the router.
What is ATT Wireless Router IP Address?
Well, the IP address of any router allows you to configure its settings the way you want. If you haven’t ever set up your router, you will need this IP address to set up and connect its network to the preferred devices. In short, we can say that this address gives you complete control of your router from where you can change the password of your router, change other configurations, access the AT&T router login panel, and do a lot more. Thus, to know how to find an ATT Router IP Address, you can refer to the sections that follow.
Where to Find IP Address AT&T Router?
Finding the IP address of a router can be done very easily. All you need to do is refer to the instructional manual that came with your router and you will see the ATT Router IP Address imprinted on one of its pages. However, if you have lost this manual somehow, then you do not need to worry as there is another way round to get this done i.e. by finding the IP address manually:
Find AT&T router IP on Windows:
- Click on the “Start” menu of your device and select “Network & Internet” from the “Settings”
- Now, select “View your network properties”
- This option is present just below the “Network Troubleshooter” option
- Here, you will see some details
- The address that is given next to “Default gateway” is your IP address
How to Find AT&T router IP on Linux?
Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to find your router’s IP address on a Linux device:
- At first, you need to click on the “Network” icon
- This is present in the “Notification” area
- Now, click on the “Network Settings” option or “Connection Information”
- Now, scroll down to the settings until you find the “Gateway” option
- This will show the IP address of your router
If you find your ATT router not working, then you can reconfigure it by using the IP address that you have just found.
Method to find AT&T router IP on OSX
If you wish to find the IP address on your Mac device, then you can follow the instructions listed below:
- Click on the “Preferences” from the Apple menu
- Now, go to the “Internet & Networks” menu
- Here, click on the “Network” option
- Now, check the details next to “Status”
- This would be your IP address
After you have found the ATT router IP address, it’s time that you learn how to use it.
Using the AT&T Router IP
- Type the router’s IP address i.e. 192.168.1.254 in a browser’s search bar
- Hit the “Enter” key to open the configuration page
- Now enter the default login credentials of your router
- When you are logged in, you can change any detail you want
We believe that this post was of great help to you in finding the IP address of your AT&T router. Using these details, you can easily gain access to the control panel of your router from where you can make all the necessary changes you want. If you do not remember the router login details, then also you can reset the settings from the router access page by using the IP address.